Monday, May 21, 2012

Kayaking, Fishing, Family, Friends, and Food!

Holy Tamoly! I had a busy and awesome weekend! Saturday started out early! I had a lot to get done this weekend. I was done working out before 0800. Thank goodness for that. My littlest brother, Danny, graduated from UTD here in Texas today. I met up with them over at my Dad's house. Iv never been to a graduation ceremony before so I wasn't to sure what to expect. Everyone told me it was going to be boring, but I actually had fun. The announcers were pretty entertaining and it went by pretty quick. It was pretty cool to see Danny get his diploma.  We all went to El Fenix afterwords to continue the celebration.




       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday I was up early again! Mike and I went kayaking and fishing
on a small cove near Lake Lewisville.  It was awesome fun! 


I love my Hobie Kayak!
My kayak is pedal driven. Meaning, I use my feet to move the kayak. The pedals resememble a stair stepper and the fins are like that of a penguin. It's a sit on top kayak and only weighs about 45 pounds. It's one of my favorite toys that I have.


Mike is the only one who caught a fish today.  It was kinda little.  haha  It looks like bait!


We also caught a turtle. It was a soft shell turtle and that thing looked like it wanted to kill me or Mike. So I didn't touch it. Mike had to save his life. I was to scared!


It was kinda warm out, of course, it is Texas after all! So we only played for a few hours at the lake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had dinner plans with friends on Sunday night. Katie was in town and wanted to go to Abuelos. That place was wonderful . I loved the fish that I ordered. We had a good size group too. Its always good to hang out with friends.



from L to R .... ME (Julie), Rachel, Monica, Laura, Donnie, Brandon, Krystal, Katie, Lyn, John, Michael (not the hubby).  Actually my hubby didn't go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike stayed home to play with our new Food Dehydrator. He likes beef jerky and I like fruits and veggies.  Our first batch was fruits and veggies. I'll keep you posted on how this stuff turns out.
 We started with strawberries, pears, bananas, apples, and sweet potatoes.



The sweet potatoes didn't turn out great. They were hard as a rock, I thought i was gonna break a tooth on it. The apple... need to be skinned first. The pears and bananas turned out pretty good. The strawberries...mmmm... they were ok.  I'm not sure I like any of it right now, but I'm sure Mike will find away to make it wonderful. He's pretty good at that.

All in all, it was a great weekend. It was nice to see my family and friends.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad I got to see you too! That kayak looks super fun. I'd love to go kayaking sometime.

    ReplyDelete