Monday, June 4, 2012

Rough Riders baseball, Cruising, Snow White, and BBQ

My weekend started out with the Rough Riders baseball game in Frisco, TX with a few of my girlfriends on Friday night. It was my first time at this stadium. Nice place! We sat in the outfield in the grassy knoll along with about 50 kids surrounding us. I have to admit, as cool as it was to be there for the game, I had a hard time paying attention to what was actually going on. I did see the "Win" though in the 9th! WooHoo!

Here we all are! Laura, Rachel ( in her new hat that we all got her for her birthday!), me (Julie), and Monica!

Ohh and check out my new baseball purse! I was excited to show it off!


------------------------------------------

Mike and I actually slept in on Saturday..... This means we slept past 0530, but we were up and ready to go by 0800. It was nice to not have any plans set in stone for the day.
We decided to jump on the big bike and head out West. The weather was just about perfect. I love it when we jump on the bike , just pick a spot on the map, and head that way. No real plan, no time commitment, and letting it be all about us.

We ended up near Abilene, TX. That's actually the big city that was closest to us, but we weaved in and out of all of the smaller towns and stayed on the country roads. We rode around lakes that we weren't familiar with and just took in all the sites.

 We stopped on the side of the road where a couple was selling Yorkies! They (the puppies) were so cute. I wanted all 3, but Daisy and Bear would not like that one bit!


We also stopped at a couple of parks just to take a few pictures of our little adventure.







    We are kinda goofy! Im usually the one that makes faces when my picture is taken. I dont try to, it just turns out that way....and as far as Mike goes, he is just a goofball all together.


We ate at a small diner in Cisco, TX called Laura's Cafe. I highly recommend this place if you ever happen to come across it. It was a whole in the wall. I think tool sheds are bigger than the whole establishment. It wasn't visually appealing at all, but it wasn't scary either. The food was awesome good though! It had some of the best grilled fish, Iv ever had!
We put a good 400 miles on the bike. With all the stopping we did, it took us about 9 hours to complete our little trip. That's a long time to be on the back of the bike, but it was a good time.

-------------------------------------------

I made it home in time to go to the movies with one of my girl friends, Monica. (Thank you, Groupon!) We both wanted to see Snow White an the Huntsmen. It was opening weekend and sold out for the 8pm showing. So what are 2 girls gonna do for a couple of hours until the next showing? We went to Blue Goose to eat. We were starving and real food sounded better than the high priced Studio Movie Grill menu. Besides, we had a good time cutting up before the movie. The movie was really good, by the way.


-------------------------------------------

With all that go, go, go.... I was ready to take it easy on Sunday. Haha. That wasn't gonna happen.
It was a good day to run a couple errands. The weather was still great, so we took the bike to do our little shopping and returns.
We ended the day with a BBQ at one of Mike's friends house. It was a great turn out. There was about 10 plus our doggies. Having the dogs at someone elses house was an adventure in itself! haha... they were good though (thank goodness) We were all there to eat though!....and eating is what we did! Between the smoked ribs, beer can chicken and the grilled chicken, it was a meat fest. This wasn't a vegan friendly gathering!
Everything was fork tender and melted in your mouth. It was absolutely delicious!



It was a great weekend!  I'm fortunate to have such great friends and a great family!


Thanks for reading my post!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. I love my new cap!! :) These are great pictures, you and Mike are so cute!!

    So it says on my Google reader that I'm following your blog but I can't find it on your page that I am. This is so weird!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look so cute in the cap too!
      Thanks! Mike and I are silly. I think all the best pictures of us , is us being goofy. We look funny when we pose all serious. Haha
      I'm not sure where "followers" shows up on my page. I'll have to have you look and see what I'm doing when I log in and all that good stuff!

      Delete