Friday, June 8, 2012

What am I worth?

Here's a  question I have a hard time answering.....
 What am I worth?

Why do I ask this? .... I had a job interview the other day. [big smiles]  Iv been out a job, more or less, for over 2 years! Iv worked with my husband in the meantime. Iv always helped him out with the book work, but iv actually been helping him with the labor the past couple months. Sense, it is my hubby.....Iv been doing this for free. Well, Iv been doing this for no paycheck.
I really haven't been on any interviews in the past couple years. I haven't really been looking though either. I'm excited to possibly be getting a "real" job. My hubby is excited for me too. It all comes down to though... how much are they gonna pay. 
I know what I want. I want a million dollars. Maybe a little more, but I'm willing to negotiate......LOL. My hubby says I am worth a gazillion-bazillion dollars. I'm not sure how much that is, but it sounds awesome!
I'm not sure what my value is. This is kind of a hard question to answer. I know I'm worth finding out though. There is a lot about me that it would be impossible to but a dollar figure on. I'm loyal! I'm punctual! I'm a team player! I'm able to be the whole team! I'm an optimist! I'm flexible! I get the job done! I get the job done right! I get the job done right , the first time! This is all the qualities that get discovered by the powers to be after one is hired and over time. I just hope it doesn't take long to find out I'm worth the hire and I'm worth keeping.
I was actually hired [ BIGGER SMILES ]. I was offered an amount that is acceptable. I haven't started this job yet, but I will by the end of the month. I hope that this job turns into a career  or inspires my path into one. That alone will make "this" worth the price. THIS being.... being away from my home, hubby, kiddos(the doggies), my own schedule, no one to answer to ( except GOD, of course ), and most of all my basic freedom. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally stoked to be working again. The amount that they have offered me has no reflection on what I am actually worth.
 My life doesn't come down to a dollar figure. I have an amazing life. I have a great family, and friends. I have two of the best doggies in the whole wide world. I have a house to call my home. I live in the great state of Texas. There are many things that bring a smile to my face everyday. I am grateful to God for every moment and everything that I have. My hubby might be right...I am worth that gazillion-bazillion dollars!
Wish me luck in my newest adventure!


Thanks for reading my post1

No comments:

Post a Comment