Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up April 28, 2013


I had a busy yet relaxing weekend! I feel refreshed! I'm not sure it was just being away from work or being around my hubby, puppies, and friends! Maybe a little bit of everything!

This is my sweet Kona! He is only 4 months old and already 45 pounds! He is getting BIG!

Random thought... I really love the headband I am wearing. It is one of my favorites! If anyone knows where I can get great headbands, let me know! I am always looking a something new!


My sweet girl, Daisy! She is kinda shy!


and my sweet baby girl, Bear! I love her ears!


Kona just loves our bed! Bear does too but Kona acts like he owns it!



Friday night, Mikes new food dehydrator came in! We weren't expecting it to arrive until Monday, so we were excited. He got the Excalibur. He did a ton of research and narrowed it down to this one. I will let you know how it works out for us! We started out with fruit. I had fresh mango, pineapple and bananas. The fruit turned out pretty good. I think I sliced the fruit to thin though. But, it was really sweet. It tasted like it soaked in sugar for hours. I will make the cuts bigger next time. Saturday is when Mike made the beef jerky. It takes forever to make it. It was to marinade over night and then it cooks or dehydrates for about 12 hours.

 
I was out with my friends Monica and Lyn early Saturday evening when Mike sent me this text.  LOL
I thought I would share with y'all!



 
Apparently, Daisy thought the beef jerky was for her.  She is very tall and can stretch pretty far. She jumped up on the counter and reached across it to grab the container that the jerky was in. She knocked it over and had a field day!  Her belly was full! I'm glad she didn't sick. Luckily, Mike made two containers. So he was still able to enjoy his first batch!
 
This is where I was when all the chaos was going on at the house....

 
Me, Monica, and Lyn at Sprinkles Cupcakes in Dallas!
I got the Cuban Coffee and Milk Chocolate cupcakes. I shared with Mike once I got home. I think Mike's cupcakes are pretty good but I cant pass up a "girls night out" that involves cupcakes and tacos from On the Border. We all had a good time just hanging out and laughing and cutting up and of course eating! It is always great to be with friends!


 
FRESH BERRY SMOOTHIE!
Sunday has been a lazy day for us! Mike was craving something with fruit and we decided to make fruit smoothies. This is actually part of our normal routine but this time we didn't add all the veggies. This was just pure fruit greatness! Mike even served mine to me in our beautiful crystal stemware that we got as a wedding gift from my mom and step-dad. I don't usually use the glasses, but it made this a nice treat.

oh yea, that grass behind the glass is wheat grass. I'm a big fan of it! I try and do my 2oz's everyday.

 
Bear, Daisy,Mike, and Kona (he is the chocolate blob in the back) ... they were all waiting on me to get in the truck so we can go PLAY!
 
We ended this weekend by going to one of our favorite parks. Arbor Hills Nature Preserve. It's in Plano. If you ever get the chance to go, its worth your time. The doggies love the creek. it is very relaxing there. I enjoy walking through park and seeing all the trees and flowers. I hear all sorts of noises though and I don't investigate. I don't actually want to know where most of those noises come from. I did see a tarantula tonight though. It gave me the ebbie-jeebies. ( I WAS SCARED TO DEATH!!!)  but it was ok. I still had a good time!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Thank you for reading my blog!

Julie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment