Monday, April 22, 2013

Chopping Wood

I have to start out by saying.. I havent figured out how to do the placement of pictures yet on my blog through my phone. Please advise me, if you know. :-)

I had a long work week ( last week ) and I was ready for the weekend! I had no idea I was gonna be doing all this "boy stuff".
We planned on grilling cedar plank salmon, so I stopped by our local CostCo after work on Friday. They have a great selection of fish, by the way! We thought we'd splurge and make a nice dinner for date nite!
We were out of wood and luckily Tom Thumb was selling large "potato sacks" of Hickory. Mike broke his fingers the week before. ( actually, Daisy broke them ) So I was forced into chopping wood for us! I wasn't real excited about it. I didn't even know how! Mike is a pretty good teacher though. Who would of thought that there's a certain way you have to stand so you don't accidentally chop your leg off!! And there's a "better" way to place the wood on the chopping block so it will split better! It was a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. I thought I was going to get all sorts of splinters in my hands. Either way, I actually kind of enjoyed the whole thing! It was a great stress reliever. I'm not saying I want to do this all of the time, but it was kinda fun in a weird sort of "learning something new" and "boy stuff" kinda way. I even had to brag about it to my Step-Dad! Haha. He always has jokes as you can see by the screen shot of our texting back and forth.
.... Oh and our Cedar Plank Salmon turned out wonderful!

Other than that and taking the dogs to the neighborhood park, Saturday-day was a lazy day. That night we went to the book store. We didn't get anything but we like to go there once in a while just to look. When we came back home, Daisy let me know in a hurry something was on the deck in the backyard. It was about midnight at this point. She was going nuts! I had to investigate! Eeeek!!! There was a baby possum. Holy crap, I was a little freaked out. I'm glad Bear didn't see it; she would have killed it. Daisy was just barking and bouncing all over the place. Mike and I had to corner the little critter and get him in a trash can so we can take him to the woods behind the neighborhood. It was a little bit of chaos to end our evening with.
Sunday was another lazy day!...more or less! We took the scooter out and ran over a nail. Again, Mike with his broken fingers needed my assistance in fixing it! I can honestly say...fixing a flat or whatever it is called wasn't any fun. I had to get the nail out which is a lot tougher than I thought and plug the whole which is lot gooier than I knew. However, I DID IT! I don't want to do that again, but I DID IT! I'm rather proud of it too! Mike stood there guiding me through the whole experience. It wasn't a lot of fun but at least he had enough patience to deal with me in what I would NOT consider common sense. Haha. It was a challenge but I did it! WooHoo!
It was a pretty day on Sunday and the doggies wanted us to take them to the dog park. We couldn't resist their sad puppy dog eyes. It was Kona's first time to go there. He loved it! He greeted everyone! Bear is more content with just smelling all the flowers and trees with an occasional greeting to strangers. Daisy on the other hand, our wild women that refuses to be tamed...The one that Caesar would have to keep for months on end! Our Daisy gets scared at the dog park. She says away from all people and dogs. She stays as close to us as she possible can. She eventually warmed up once we got her to the water side of the park and she began to play. It was a messy muddy wet good time! It was a great way to end the weekend!













1 comment:

  1. Funny how the smallest dog is the one that is going to kill the poor little critter! So, I can bring you some wood for your birthday! Cool!

    ReplyDelete