Saturday, April 20, 2013

Perspective.....my graphic and sad reality

It's been a sad week for a whole lot of people. It all makes my issues seem so ridiculous....

I was dreading a "bitch session/front office meeting" at work that I was advised about the previous Friday. Honestly, it wasn't the meeting I was dreading, it was the going back to work that I wasn't looking forward to. However, that's another story for another day.

Monday, Marathon Monday, as in the Boston Marathon, as in one of the best known marathons to all competitive and non-competitive runners, as in the worlds oldest annual marathons around has been forever marked with tragedy. Two men who I won't be giving credit to or any other personal recognition to (by naming them) bombed the finish line. Over a hundred people were severely injured, a few were killed, and thousands were impacted forever by this event. I wasn't near a tv, so I turned to social media to see and read what was unfolding. Seeing words that no one should ever witness in real life...GRAPHIC BLOODY SCENE, COMBAT ZONE, SECOND BOMB, MISSING PEOPLE. Along with reading about the chaos, I was seeing pictures that would be otherwise censored on any network. I will be forever be taunted by what few pictures and video I saw on a simple iPhone screen. I can't imagine the horror of what these people went through. My prayers goes out to all of those that were there or had someone there.

Thankfully, the bombers have been caught.....one dead and one is probably wishing he was dead as of April 19, 2013!

A couple days later, the fertilizer plant in the small town of West, Texas exploded.( The city of West is about 75 miles South of Dallas ) Almost 3 dozen people were killed including first responders and a couple hundred were injured. Many lost their homes. Damage was seen 5 blocks away. The explosion was compared to a magnitude 2.1, which is a minor earthquake.

There were many people that felt the tragedy this week held. Seeing the aftermath and the stories that go with it make my heart sink. With both tragic events there is the obvious of loss of life and the injured. However, there is also the fear, anger, guilt, and many other emotions that so many are dealing with. There is loss of homes and memories and loss of pets. (I saw where Dallas is trying to find homes for over 70 pets that are being brought up from West, Texas.) The stories on the news, the internet, Instagram, and twitter, have put my life and my issues for the week in perspective. My prayers are with everyone of them and their families.



Thank you for reading my story.

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment