Thursday, August 1, 2013

Saint Louis / Busch Stadium for Mom's Birthday!


  



 It's been awhile sense I've been back home by myself. (without Mike, that is)
Don't get me wrong, I love traveling with Mike.  However, it is in the middle of Summer and Mike is busy busy busy! I on the other hand needed the break from work and had a few good excuses to make a solo trip back to my stomping grounds. 

My mom's birthday was coming up and I wanted to take her to a baseball game. Neither one of have been to the new Busch Stadium. Ok ok... so it's not really new, but either way, we haven't seen it.  We had to stop by the Arch too sense it's only a block away. My mom actually has pictures of the Arch being built. She was flying Cessna's back than and flew over the Arch when the last piece was being put in. It was really impressive. We also went to Mike Shannon's for lunch! It was delicious, of corse! It was hot as heck in St. Louis but we still had a good time walking around downtown before the game. Mom got us cute Cardinal visors for the game, thank goodness cause we needed them! 



We had pretty good seats for the game! This was our view! 





It was an Ozzie Smith bobble head give-away game. It's pretty cute.



I also got a Stan Musial signed baseball when we were at the game. My mom use to live down the street from him back in the days. My step-dad and mom both thought he was a great guy. I'm glad to add the ball to my baseball collection. 


We both had a good time. I was happy that I got to be there for her birthday. She said she had a good time. I'm pretty sure she would have been just as happy though if we just stayed home.  My mom is pretty easy to please. I'm pretty lucky to have her! 

Thanks for reading my post. If you get the chance to go to The Lou, you need to go see the Arch, and definitely go to a game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment